Sunday 10 April 2011

Physical Features

Physical Features:

I'm still to trying to figure why the LED notification light is on the right hand side of the phone, actually on the side of the phone. It might seem a tiny niggle, but as someone who's right-handed I generally have my phone on my desk at work within grasp of my right hand. If I wander away from my desk and get a text, if I don't wake my phone up from sleep to check the screen every 2 minutes, how will I know I've had correspondence? A minor point yes, but it could mean the difference between sausages or fish fingers for tea!

Also, something that a few Test Lab attendees noticed, the USB port isn't covered, HDMI is. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have the more important port covered? Yes, it makes it easier to access if you're in that much of a hurry to get the phone charged, but it also makes it easier to jam lint and other stuff into the most important port on the phone - no juice, no phone!

I like the shiny finish on the Arc, it is very pretty, which is the aesthetic SE were aiming for. However, having tinkered with my X10 again this week, I do like the feel of the X10 case - it's got far more grip on it, and for a phone the size of the Arc it might've been useful to have some sort of finish that would stop it flying out of a sweaty paw?

1 comment:

  1. I never took notice of where the notification LED was on the Arc. I'm finding it hard to adjust to where it is on the Play (at the top/with the power button). So when it's on the chair next to me, or on my table, 99% of the time I can't see the top of the phone/where the power button is and it's easier to press the home button to see if theres any notifications, than to pick the phone up and turn it (lazy maybe but, true, if I have a notification then I'll pick the phone up).

    ReplyDelete