Thursday 26 May 2011

More bootloader...

Note, this post should be back with the entries for the 16th of May. Not sure how it's ended up at this end of the month!  

The bulk of the problems listed below could probably be fixed with a firmware update in the future...although unlocking the bootloader has caused an issue with SEUS which means I can no longer update 'officially' - despite assurances from SE that this would not be the case. Very, very poor show indeed.

Luckily Mrs The Hurf also has an Arc so I believe if I update her phone first I will be able to locate the firmware that should've downloaded to my computer in order to update the phone by using FlashTool. This shouldn't be the case and I'm actually very angry AND disappointed this was not mentioned in the whole furore with the bootloader and if this wasn't enough of a glaring oversight, I and other experimenters were misinformed we would still be able to update. Really bad form, SE. Really bad. Boo hiss boo.

Perhaps with the 2.3.3 update imminent it would be pertinent for SE to release the firmware for people to download for themselves, independent of SEUS, to update through FlashTool (for example).

1 comment:

  1. Note, this post should be back with the entries for the 16th of May. Not sure how it's ended up at this end of the month!

    ReplyDelete